Knowledgebase: Configure your Client
Configuring Outlook for Email
Posted by Gary Jolley on 26 January 2009 03:15 PM
You will need the following information from BCSE before you configure your mail server.|
• Server Name
• User Name
Once you have that information please take the following steps.
1. Update Office by going to “Windows Updates” and select every Office and Service Pack update that is available.
2. Click on “Check for updates” on the left hand side
3. After Office is all updated , execute Outlook 2010 from the start menu.
4. Once Outlook starts up, go to the “File” tab
5. Then click on “Add Account”
6. In the Window that pops up, click on “Manually configure server settings or additional server types” near the bottom and then hit “Next”
7. On the next window, select “Internet E-mail” at the top and click next.
8. In next window called “Add New Account” , fill in the following categories:
a. Your Name:
b. Email Address:
c. Account Type: IMAP
d. Incoming mail server: mail.bcsengineering.com
e. Outgoing mail server (SMTP): mail.bcsengineering.com
f. User Name: user.name
h. The checkbox in “Remember Password” is optional.
i. After filling in the necessary info, click on “More Settings”
9. In the new window that pops up, go to the “Outgoing Server” tab and put a checkmark where it says “My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication” and make sure the bullet is checked that says “Use same settings as my incoming mail server”
10. Move to the “Advanced Tab” and at the selection in the drop down box for SMTP change from”None” to “SSL” then change the value from “25” to “465” then click “OK” at the bottom
11. You will then be taken back to the the “Change Account” section, first click “Test Account Settings” to verify it is working.
12. If it is properly set up and working, you should see the following window: