How do I create a sale that auto-generates a coupon?
Posted by - NA - on 01 December 2010 10:17 AM
1. First you must create the sale with a coupon code entered that operate as the 'master' sale. For example, if you want to send the customer a coupon for $10, create a sale to discount $10 off an order and assign a coupon name to this sale.|
2. You must then create a sale that will control the distribution of the coupons (saletype 7). There are 4 different criteria that can send a coupon to the customer after a sale.
• If a customer buy certain products
• Buys a certain amount of products
• Spends a certain amount
• The coupon is sent for every order
You will also need to select a master coupon to use. If you selected the example coupon sale for $10 off your order the customer would receive this coupon when their order was processed.
In the example below, if the customer spends $100 they will receive a coupon for $10 off (the previously created sale).
• The coupon sale must be active and valid (not expired), if not the coupon sending sale will be marked invalid, and you will need to delete it and create a new sale with a valid coupon.
• The customer will not be sent the actual coupon name, but an alias using their last name and 4 digits, example: SMITH1345, DOE8219
• The order must first be processed for the coupon to send. The order cannot go from Queued to Completed, it must first be processed.